What is this?
A Quality Register is used to record and summarize all the quality management activities that are planned or have taken place on a project. The Quality Registe provides information for the End Stage Reports and End Project Report. Its purpose is to:
- Issue a unique reference for each quality activity
- Act as a pointer to the quality records for a product
- Act as a summary of the number and type of quality activities undertaken.
Why it’s useful?
This template is free if you have purchased our official PRINCE2 course as defined by the PRINCE2 Project Management methodology.
Whilst you can find this template in Appendix A of the official PRINCE2 manual, of course you may not have purchased a manual, or you may just prefer to have an electronic version of it.
How to use it?
This is a ‘vanilla’ template that accompanies the PRINCE2 methodology and is used as the basis for PRINCE2 exams.
Whilst you can use it in its vanilla format we recommend that you think about tailoring it (as suggested by the method itself) bearing in mind the following:
- Industry / organizational specific terminology
- Size / complexity of project
- If the project is part of a programme
- Any existing templates in your organization
As each quality activity / test needs to be recorded in the Quality Register with its results etc, if a particular product fails its first test then it’s subsequent test(s) will also be recorded – with a new reference, results etc.