PRINCE2® VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
PRINCE2® stands for Projects IN Controlled Environments. It is a fully scale-able process driven approach to project management. Although PRINCE2® originated in the UK it has become a world class international product.
Our PRINCE2 course covers all of the official syllabus, which includes the following elements:
• Introduction to projects and PRINCE2® – explains what makes projects different from BAU and introduces the four integrated elements of PRINCE2®
• The 7 Principles:
» Continued Business Justification
» Learn from Experience
» Defined Roles and Responsibilities
» Manage by Stages
» Manage by Exception
» Focus on Products
» Tailor to the Project Environment
• The 7 Themes:
» Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
» Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
» Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
» Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
» Risk – managing uncertainty
» Change – understanding the implications of changing requirements
» Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
• The 7 Processes:
» Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
» Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
» Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
» Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
» Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
» Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
» Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
Closing a Project – tidy close
• Detailed information on the different management roles required to successfully manage a project, and how to tailor the standard team structure chart
• Detailed guidance on the management documents typically used to manage a project
• Information on how to tailor PRINCE2 for different project circumstances (industry / project scale / complexity etc.) and how this can be done without increasing risk
• Guidance on some project management techniques and examples for the tutor’s experience will also be provided during the course
See what they say about us
OUR VIRTUAL CLASSROOM PACKAGES
Lets help you get accrediated
FROM OUR BLOG
News & Happenings about Balance
- April 13,2022 / PRINCE2 / 0 Comments
It doesn't matter where you are in your career, if you are already in project management or aspiring to become a project manager one day, having...
We often get students who are studying for their PRINCE2 Practitioner exam asking for extra exam hints and tips. We have created this article to...
Many years ago I remember a young Project Manager new to the team asking me an important question:- “If due to project constraints you can...
- May 09,2016 / PRINCE2 / 0 Comments
It does not matter if you’re already a practicing project manager or someone aspiring to become one, being PRINCE2® qualified is an essential...
- May 05,2016 / Project Management / 0 Comments
Over the last 10 years it is clear that Project Failure rates have not budged much below 70% and this has caused a lot of frustration among many...
- February 05,2012 / PRINCE2 / 1 Comments
The PRINCE2 practitioner qualification is such a success story that it has become virtually an entry level requirement for project management...
- April 21,2011 / PRINCE2 / 0 Comments
PRINCE2 was refreshed mid-2009 to give us the current version of the method. The changes made were partly to bring PRINCE2 terminology in-line...