Interactive self paced eLearning course
Whats is PRINCE2® 2009 ?
PRINCE2® was originally developed in 1989 to address the issues that were commonly causing UK government IT projects to fail. Since then the method has undergone a couple of re-writes to take account of feedback from its practical use and to bring it in line with other AXELOS methods. The current version was released in 2009 and is used internationally. This version of PRINCE2® will be discontinued by AXELOS on the 31/12/17 and replaced by PRINCE2® 2017.
Why PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation ?
This course is designed to help those who want to pass PRINCE2® at Foundation Level. It is important to note that employers do respect the Foundation Level qualification but require Practitioner level status for most senior level Project /Programme Management roles. If you are interested in attaining Foundation and Practitioner Status may we recommend you buy a full PRINCE2 2009 course with Foundation and Practitioner exams included.
Public and Private organisations continue to demand better project outcomes and benefits. This has expressed itself in recent years in the following ways:-
- Greater demand for qualified PRINCE2® Project Managers.
- Rising Salaries for qualified Project Management Professionals.
- Interview selection prescreening using PRINCE2® keyword filtering on submitted CVs.
If you are dedicated it is entirely possible to attain PRINCE2® Foundation in less than 1 week.
This course includes an Official Online PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation Examination.
After 31/12/17 PRINCE2® 2009 is replaced with PRINCE2® 2017. This gives you the following options should you wish to obtain PRINCE2® Practitioner status:-
- Study this course and pass the PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation exam prior to 31/12/17.
- Study and pass the PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation exam at any time
Advantage of Studying this Course and sitting the examination compared to the PRINCE2® 2017 alternative:-
- The PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation status is regarded by employers as comparable to attaining the PRINCE2 2017 Foundation qualification.
- PRINCE2® 2009 Foundation Course and Exam is cheaper the PRINCE2 2017 alternative
Because all of our courses (eLearning & Classroom) are optimised to cater for different learning styles we consistently achieve some of the highest exam pass rates. For example our learners on their first attempt achieve the following pass rates:-
- 99% of PRINCE2® Foundation
- 97% of PRINCE2® Practitioner
This course has been reviewed and accredited by the PeopleCert
Many eLearning PRINCE2® Courses are not formally accredited or approved by the PeopleCert, which means the courses are invariably not fit-for-purpose in terms of providing the study content necessary to pass the exams. Only accredited providers are allowed to use the appropriate AXELOS logo shown above.
- Project Managers / aspiring Project Managers
- Team Leaders /Lead Developers
- Programme Managers
- PMO staff such as risk managers, change managers, planners and resource managers
- Project Support Officers
- Business Analysts /SCRUM Masters
- Product Owners, SROs and Project Sponsors
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a PRINCE2® Project
This course includes:
- Interactive trainer support – through forums, direct messaging and webinar sessions
- Databank of 300 practice foundation style questions
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ foundation exams
- Downloadable revision tablet ‘app’ for off-line working
- Downloadable mock papers
- Resource Centre with FREE downloadable templates for project documentation
- Interactive exercises to embed learning
- Glossary of terms
- Downloadable Balance Global course completion certificate
- Downloadable ‘high achievement’ certificate if you obtain over 70% in tests
- 180 days course access
There are no pre-requisites for this course and it can be completed in 13 hours, but many learners like to re-play some of the lessons a number of times to embed their learning. This time frame does not include reading of the Official PRINCE2® manual or the additional resource materials provided with this course.
This course is designed so you can study this course without the ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® official manual. However, to maximise your chances of passing the PRINCE2 2009 Foundation we always recommend you purchase the Official PRINCE2 Manual.
Note: This course has been officially approved by the PeopleCert. This ensures the official syllabi are covered.