Whats New About PRINCE2® 2017?
We didn’t think the globally-established and proven project management method that is PRINCE2® could be improved, but AXELOS have proved us wrong.
At its heart PRINCE2® 2017 is very similar to the previous version (PRINCE2® 2009), but some small changes can make a big difference.
- PRINCE2® 2017 has a greater focus on the PRINCE2 principles
- Greater clarity on the link between the themes and principles
- Increased emphasis on tailoring to take account different environments such as complex commercial projects and those using Agile techniques.
- Restructuring of the themes guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring
- The practical application of the guidance, with numerous examples, hints, and tips.
Why consider a PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner Course?
Public and Private organisations continue to demand better project outcomes and benefits. This has expressed itself in recent years in the following ways:-
- Greater demand for qualified PRINCE2® Project Managers.
- Rising Salaries for qualified Project Management Professionals.
- Interview selection prescreening using PRINCE2® keyword filtering on submitted CVs.
Anyone who has to work within a project environment in any industry, and wants to increase the likelihood of their projects succeeding will benefit from understanding PRINCE2®. Whilst the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification tests your knowledge of the PRINCE2® Method the practitioner level qualification tests your ability to practically apply PRINCE2®.
Balance Global’s PRINCE2® elearning practitioner course is accredited by the PeopleCert (exam institute), ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The course is presented by our lead PRINCE2® trainer (rather than an actor) to ensure the best possible experience for our learners.
If you are dedicated it is entirely possible to attain all the qualifications in this course in less than 1 week.
This course includes an Official Online PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination. This must be booked within 180 days of purchase after which the exam voucher expires.
Because all of our courses (eLearning & Classroom) are optimised to cater for different learning styles we consistently achieve some of the highest exam pass rates. For example our learners on their first attempt achieve the following pass rates:-
- 99% of PRINCE2® Foundation
- 97% of PRINCE2® Practitioner
- Works on Android .Apple Tablets, Apple Mac and Windows PCs
- Include FREE tablet apps for free online /offline course revision
- Numerous stimulating but simple to us drag and drop exercises embedded throughout all our courses.
- Resource Library with many FREE templates and tools to accelerate your career.
- In-house Course Completion & Excellence awards.
- Interactive Tutor Support from Accredited Course Tutors
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ foundation exams
- 100s of approved practice examination questions to embed knowledge
- 180 day course access
This course has been reviewed and accredited by the PeopleCert
Many eLearning PRINCE2® Courses are not formally accredited or approved by the PeopleCert, which means the courses are invariably not fit-for-purpose in terms of providing the study content necessary to pass the exams. Only accredited providers are allowed to use the appropriate AXELOS logo shown above.
Who should be interested in this course?
- Project Managers / aspiring Project Managers
- Team Leaders /Lead Developers
- Programme Managers
- PMO staff such as risk managers, change managers, planners and resource managers
- Project Support Officers
- Business Analysts /SCRUM Masters
- Product Owners, SROs and Project Sponsors
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a PRINCE2® Project
- PRINCE2 Foundation 2009 (or higher, i.e. PRINCE2 2009 Practitioner) or 2017 – this only applies to certificates obtained after the 2009 update
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
As this practitioner course has been designed for those who want to further their PRINCE2® Foundation knowledge it does not ‘start from scratch’ regarding PRINCE2®, so some prior knowledge is assumed. Although you don’t need to have passed the foundation exam to take the this course, you will need to have passed it before you can take the practitioner exam which is included with this course option.
Note: This course has been officially approved by the PeopleCert. This ensures the official syllabi are covered.