Interactive self paced eLearning course
About this course
This unique course is aimed at people who already have a working knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management methodology, but obtained before the 2017 version.
You may be in one of the following circumstances:
- Have a PRINCE2 2009 qualification (foundation or practitioner level) and want to get up to speed with current thinking
- Have the PRINCE2 2009 practitioner qualification that is about to expire and need to re-take the practitioner exam, but the 2009 version is no longer available.
At its heart PRINCE2 2017 is very similar to the 2009 version. There are still seven principles, seven themes and seven processes, and they still work together in the same way. However, in the 2017 version there is more emphasis placed on the principles and improved guidance for applying PRINCE2 in different circumstances, such as complex commercial projects and those using Agile techniques. Minimum requirements have been added, which makes it clearer to understand what a project needs to do to be able to claim that it is in fact following the method.
This course will provide you with the following:
- Guidance on what terminology has been changed and how to apply the principles
- Explanation of the new minimum requirements that have been introduced for each theme (examined at foundation level)
- Explanation of how the practitioner exam is now structured
- All sections / units from the regular full practitioner course are included, which have an emphasis on practical application of the method
- A mock exam centre that contains practice exams for both foundation and practitioner levels.
Balance Global’s PRINCE2® elearning courses are accredited by the PeopleCert (exam institute), ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The course is presented by our lead PRINCE2® trainer (rather than an actor) to ensure the best possible experience for our learners. Although this is an elearning course – we still cater for different learning styles:
- Visual Learners – through good visual presentation, mind maps and colour coding of key points
- Auditory Learners – through clear voice-overs, delivered by our lead PRINCE2® trainer, ensuring emphasis in the right places. Deaf learners will be able to see a full transcript of the audio files.
- Kinesthetic Learners – through embedded exercises and interactive trainer support
The course materials are regularly reviewed and kept in-line with the syllabus as set by AXELOS (the method’s owner). The course draws on the current official manual “Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2® 2017 edition.
PRINCE2® was originally developed in 1989 to address the issues that were causing UK government IT projects to fail. Since then the method has undergone a number of revisions to keep it in line with current thinking and take account of feedback from its practical use. Over 200 industry professionals provided input into making the 2017 revision the best that it can be.
This practitioner course has been designed for use with or without an official manual, but if you do intend to take the (open book) examination you would be dis-advantaged if you do not have a copy of the official manual. This course includes:
- Interactive trainer support – through forums, direct messaging and webinar sessions
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ practitioner exams
- FREE downloadable revision tablet ‘app’ for off-line working
- FREE downloadable mock papers
- Resource Centre with FREE downloadable templates for project documentation
- Interactive exercises and section tests to embed learning
- Glossary of terms
- FREE downloadable Balance Global course completion certificate
- FREE downloadable ‘high achievement’ certificate if you obtain over 70% in tests
This practitioner conversion course has been designed for those who already have a foundation knowledge of PRINCE2® so the course does not ‘start from scratch’, some prior knowledge is assumed. Although you don’t need to have passed the foundation exam to take this course, you will need to have passed it before you can take the practitioner exam.
NOTE: this option is for e-Learning only and does not include an official exam. However, there are easy upgrade routes should you wish to purchase an official examination after you have completed the course.