What’s the Difference Between ITIL® v3 and ITIL® 4?
- The ITIL v3 service life-cycle (a single fixed path) has been replaced by the (much more flexible) service value system (below) regarding how components work together to deliver services.
- Recognition that value isn’t created by just one party.
- Distinction between incidents (which affect users) and problems (which don’t yet)
- Deployment (authorise/make READY for use) and release (make AVAILABLE for use /physical move) are combined into a single process.
- Introduction of the term practice (previously referenced as processes). This encourages organisations to also consider roles, skills, people and resources.
- Less “siloed” approach – more reflective of the modern world, which also takes account of 4th industrial revolution (AI/VR/ DevOps etc)
Why consider our ITIL® 4 Foundation Course?
Besides being associated primarily with the IT sector, the ITIL 4 certification is associated with service management which widens job opportunities outside this industry including industries like healthcare, higher education etc. Leading brands like
have already embraced ITIL; and, more brands are following the global trend.
With ITIL 4 you can target jobs like :-
- Technical support
- IT service delivery analyst
- Help desk engineer or support engineer
- IT service delivery manager
- Service desk manager
- Incident/problem manager
- Release manager
- Service Architect
Many of these roles attract significant salaries of up to 6 figures. Please see Totaljobs ITIL Salary Survey by location.
If you are dedicated it is entirely possible to attain all the qualifications in this course in less than 1 week.
The course will prepare you for taking the foundation level examination.
Because all of our courses (e-learning & Classroom) are optimised to cater for different learning styles we consistently achieve some of the highest exam pass rates. For example our learners on their first attempt achieve a pass rate of 97%.
The full official ITIL 4 Foundation course contains:
- Works on Android, Apple Tablets, Apple Mac and Windows PCs
- Includes FREE tablet apps for free online /offline course revision
- Numerous stimulating but simple to use drag and drop exercises embedded throughout all our courses.
- Resource Library with templates and tools.
- In-house Course Completion & Excellence awards.
- Interactive Tutor Support from Accredited Course Tutors
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ foundation exams
- Practice test questions to embed knowledge
The official course has been reviewed and accredited by the Peoplecert
Many e-learning ITIL® 4 Courses are not formally accredited or approved by the Peoplecert, which means the courses are invariably not “fit-for-purpose” in terms of providing the study content necessary to pass the exams. Only accredited providers are allowed to use the appropriate AXELOS logo shown above.
There are no prerequisites before you purchase this course.
Note: This is a demo course so the full course features are not available.