Aligned with ISO 18404:2015
CEPAS is an Italian personnel and training course certification body. It was established in 1994 to meet the market’s demand for the highest level of competence and experience in professional activities.
What is Six Sigma
This CEPAS Lean Six Sigma Certification for Green Belt is an online training course, which teaches you the principles and methodologies taught during the Lean Six Sigma Certification for Yellow Belt, as well as the more advanced techniques of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
You will learn about the DMAIC Cycle (Define Phase, Measure Phase, Analyse Phase, Improve Phase and Control Phase), explore Lean and Risk Management, SPC Tools and Techniques, and Improvement Mythologies, such as the 3Cs, 8Ds and DFSS.
This training course includes comprehensive training materials, exams, your certificate, and your registration onto the CEPAS international public register of Lean Six Sigma certified professionals.
We offer a range of Lean Six Sigma Training Courses, and this Green Belt qualification leads on to the Lean Six Sigma training for the Black Belt qualification.
Six Sigma Green Belt Explained
This Six Sigma Certification is an online training course for you to earn your Green Belt certificate, which is internationally recognised and meets the ISO 18404:2015 standard.
You will gain the knowledge required to pass both your Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt exams. As such, you will be able to work as a Lean Six Sigma professional, capable of undertaking more senior responsibilities, such as lead improvement teams, improve your team facilitation skills, as well as analyse and solve quality problems within your organisation.
By the end of this Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training, you will:
- Learn the main principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Discover how to identify organisational improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use the DMAIC Cycle (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control)
- Learn how to use fundamental Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Discover the role of Yellow and Green Belts in different projects
- Understand how to run small improvements in your daily work
Why Study Six Sigma Green Belt with Balance Global ?
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt methodologies help both individuals and organisations increase customer satisfaction, reduce operational costs, and improve overall productivity. Having a better understanding of these techniques makes you an integral member of any project management team to help facilitate these improvements.
Lean principles teach you how to maximise your customer value and reduce areas of waste in your processes, creating better customer satisfaction and less wasted resources. Six Sigma principles will help you to reduce product and process variation. The combining of these two methodologies ensures a wide range of improvements within your organisation, including better business retention, a reduction in overall spending, and improved staff morale, customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Being an ISO 18404:2015 certified Lean Six Sigma professional, you will be in high demand due to your skill set and ability to problem solve. With an internationally recognised certification, you will have a much wider choice of employment opportunities to consider.
Who is it For ?
A Lean Six Sigma Certification for Green Belt training is suitable for delegates who have undertaken the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate training and are looking to become certified as a Green Belt. It would also benefit individuals just getting starting and looking to gain the knowledge and techniques required by a Green Belt.
This course would be suitable if you are a:
- Career Changer looking to move into a Project Team
- Process team member wanting an ISO 18404:2015 standard Lean Six Sigma certificate
- Project team member wanting to upskill and learn process improvement skills
- Process Improvement Consultant requiring certification to support your abilities and skills
- Project Managers and Process Improvement team members looking for effective methods of improving operational efficiency, and raising standards