Since its inception in 1994 Balance has provided specialist Project & Programme Management consultancy in addition to its Management Training Services. Balance Global is a leader in the provision of a comprehensive range of project and programme management related services to wide range of partner organisations.
These services currently span the following:-
- PM Capability & Improvement – Building a project management capability within an organisation is becoming increasingly important as businesses strive to increase the rate of return on what seems like continually reducing investment. Unfortunately, standard or ‘off-the-shelf’ project management training packages often fail to deliver the anticipated benefits. PM Capability Development through PRINCE2 and MSP training in combination with the tailored embedding of these methods through coaching, mentoring and in some cases the set-up of a Project /Programme Management Centre of Excellence PM COE is the best way to enhance your PM Capabilities and Maturity.
- Project, Programme, Portfolio Offices – High performance Project, Programme or Portfolio Management Offices (P3O) act as the nerve centre for delivering complex technological, cultural and business process change. Correctly designed and implemented these nerve centres deliver real benefits to organisations of all kinds. Balance has a very strong track record of large scale P3O delivery.
- Project & Programme Management Assurance Checks – Successful and consistent project and programme delivery is critical to the wellbeing of any organisation. We believe a key component of what can make a project successful is the independent third party measurement of Project or Programme Management performance against agreed best practice standards. Without this risks and issues often go undetected or are ignored and slippages are fudged to pacify sponsors. Independent Project Assurance Checks can really keep projects on track.
- Project Delivery – By putting the right people with the right Management best practices and clear accountability for delivery, we can ensure greater benefits realisation. Typically we come in and manage your staff to achieve the desired outcomes. This puts your project in safe / experienced hands whilst still enabling your to grow the project management maturity of own staff.
- Project Rescue – Projects can fail. Large scale, complex or high-risk projects are the most likely victims. The consequences for organisations can be disastrous from both a financial and or service delivery point of view. The problem is that most organisations either do not recognise the symptoms of failure early enough, or do not know what actions to take to recover or even salvage a failing project. Our Project Rescue service drives rapid action leading to rapid project turnaround.
- Mobilisation – Most businesses embark on major projects at some stage. This may be an organisational re-structure, the development of a new IT system, or even the acquisition and subsequent integration of another company. Project or Programme Design & Mobilisation is the process that takes such a business proposal, concept or goal and turns it into a tangible project to deliver business objectives. It is the most critical stage in any project or programme because it lays the foundations for project failure / success.
- Optimisation – In most organisations, the demand for project work far exceeds the capacity to deliver it. Project Portfolio Optimisation is the process which establishes and maintains the optimal balance between the projects, their constraints and the overarching business strategy. It allows informed decisions to be made on the composition of a business’ portfolio of programmes, projects and initiatives.
- Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) – This is all about driving Increased Business Value through Better Decision Making when it comes to the selection and executing of projects and programmes. Decades of research and experience prove what successful business leaders already know instinctively: investment in activities that do not clearly align with corporate strategy is money wasted. EPM aims to prevent this wastage through the development of an ‘enterprise-wide’ view of projects and programmes and moving away from the traditional ‘silos’ approach to managing projects and programmes. We can help you design and implement an EPM strategy.
- Outsourcing – Project Management Outsourcing is a refreshing approach to providing clients with access to professional project management expertise, as and when needed, whilst being able to grow and retain their internal capability to an optimal level. This service also includes PM Outsourcing Feasibility Studies and Benefit Assessments.
You can rest assured that all our Project and Programme Management services are based on PRINCE2, MSP and P3O management best practices. All of these are widely regarded in the UK and Europe as the defacto standards for Project and Programme Management and sponsored by the OGC (Office of Government & Commerce).
None of these offered services are rigid and inflexible offerings. Our clients always ask us to change / optimise these services in accordance with the specific scope of their initiative and the constraints of their cultural, legal, technological and economic environments. We regard every Project / Programme as a unique challenge requiring a unique and specialised approach. Whether it’s mobilising a project team, taking a project global or rescuing one in trouble, our experienced consultants have the widest range of knowledge and skills to ensure success.