What Is ProctorU
ProctorU is a remote online Exam Invigilation service used by Balance Global’s Examination Institute APMG.
APMG have chosen the ProctorU service to provide a secure testing environment that preserves the academic integrity for all online PRINCE2®, MSP® and ITIL® Exams.
The remote ProctorU technology gives you the freedom to take your exams at a time and location convenient for you, using a webcam and a reliable high-speed internet connection, 24hours a day 7 days a week.
ProctorU is easy, after your appointment is confirmed, login to the website and press ‘Go’ and you will be connected to the online proctoring room where you will go through 3 easy steps.
1. You will connect to a real person who you can see and hear who will then help you through your exam process and will be available throughout your exam.
2. You will then share your screen with your proctor which allows your proctor to see your screen and help with step 3 and onto your exam.
3. The proctor will ask to see your photo ID (Passport/Driving License) and capture a photo of you for your profile. They will then go on and ask a few questions about yourself before proceeding with the exam.
There are a few basic requirements need to take a ProctorU exam which are:
- A Web Camera. This is needed so the proctor can observe you during the exam and to go through the 3 steps above and are usually built into Laptop Computers.
- A Microphone. This is also needed so that you can converse during the 3 steps above and also for sound monitoring purposes during the exam and are usually built into Laptop Computers.
- Well-lit, quiet and private room with a stable internet connection. It’s a good idea to have a mirror to show that no resources are hidden from view behind or around your screen.
Further technical requirements and a system check can be found at the following website address: